Like everything else, your fine jewelry needs special care to preserve its sheen and luster for long. Just because it is expensive doesn’t mean it will keep looking the same as always. If not taken care of properly, your jewelry may tarnish and its gemstones may become dull. Melorra- the best website for buying gemstone necklaces brings you expert advice on how to take care of your fine jewelry so that it stays just as impressive as its purchase day.
How to Take Care Of Your Fine Jewelry
Every type of fine jewelry piece should be treated with utmost care. It is advisable to wipe clean your jewelry with a soft, damp cloth after each use. This will prevent dirt, makeup, or dust from accumulating on your ornaments. After cleaning, make sure to preserve your jewelry pieces in a jewelry box or cloth bag. They should be stored such that there is no risk of scratching or denting. Additionally, when performing activities like swimming, showering, or cleaning, fine jewelry pieces should be taken off as wearing them while performing such activities can bring them in close contact with harsh chemicals like chlorine which damages the metal and other embellishments.
Tips to Caring for Diamond Jewelry
Despite being the hardest element, diamonds still need a good amount of care. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Say no to diamond jewelry while performing rough tasks as it carries the potential risk of chipping the diamonds.
- Avoid wearing them when working around harsh chemical substances.
- Keep diamonds jewelry stored in a separate box. It should not be mixed with other types of jewelry otherwise it could result in scratching or tarnishing.
- Wash your jewelry frequently with a soft-bristled brush and warm, soapy water.
Tips to Caring for Gemstone Jewelry
Colored gemstones also need the care to stay safe for longer. To keep your gemstone jewelry shining like new always, make sure to follow these tips.
- Keep it away from chemical substances like hairspray, deodorants, perfume, even saltwater.
- Store it in a way that it doesn’t encounter sudden temperature fluctuations.
- Regularly clean your gemstone jewelry with lukewarm water using a soft cloth.
- Store your gemstone jewelry in bags or cotton wraps.
- Avoid storing gemstone jewelry pieces in a plastic bag.
- Remember emeralds, tanzanite, and opals are very sensitive therefore they need special extra care.
Tips to Caring for Gold, Silver, And Platinum Jewelry
Your gold, silver, and platinum jewelry pieces too need special care, thus to keep the shining follow the given steps:
- Clean them regularly using lukewarm water with a soft cloth or brush.
- After cleaning make pat dry and then store.
- Remove jewelry before trying intensive exercises or performing housework.
- Ensure your jewelry does not come in close contact with chemicals like makeup, hairspray, or perfume.
Hence, make sure to follow these tips, and for a fun shopping experience for jewelry visit the site www.Melorra.com.