UAE is considered among the top tourist attractions globally, with tourists visiting every year in large numbers. Though the public transport connects the prominent tourist destinations very well, it does not encompass all the tourist attractions. If you are considering going to Dubai for a visit or are already a resident, you need to consider some points.
You would not want to walk under the hot desert sun. Having a car will allow you to easily wander around freely and explore the city. Though taxis can help you get around the city easily, hiring your rental car and self-driving will make the process hassle-free if you love your freedom.
Here are some key points about driving across the UAE.
The most crucial thing is to follow the driving rules in the emirates; else, there are serious repercussions. Some of the points to keep in mind are always driving on the right side of the road, not to overtake abruptly, not to call or text while driving, and not to drive on the shoulder. Another important aspect is to make sure that everyone has their seatbelt on. Failing to do so leads to strict consequences such as hefty fines, imprisonment, or deportation. Emirates has been known for strict laws.
Can you drive as a tourist?
If you are a non-resident, you can drive across the Emirate as long as you own an international driving license. You are allowed to hire a car in the Emirate if you are above the age of 21 and own a valid international driving license from the permit country and a credit card.
What are the driving license requirements in Dubai?
To drive in Dubai, you need a valid international driving license, a UAE license permit, or a license from an approved country. If you have that you are about to experience one of the best roads in the whole world. Dubai also issues driving licenses to its citizens, GCC nationals and other nationalities.
A detailed information for eligibility requirements is given below:
For UAE Residents
- Copy of valid ID/Passport
- Copy of valid UAE driving license
For Non-residents/ Tourists/ Visitors
- GCC Driving License
- International Driving License from country of Origin
- You can rent a car legally in the UAE, if you have a valid tourist visa. Visitors from US, UK, Canada, Europe, and some other countries can drive with their home country driving license without the need of an International Driving Permit.
- Tourists from other countries will however need an International Driving Permit (IDP) secured from their home country.
Note: Please keep a check on the date of your license renewal.
Roads signs in the UAE
The road signs across the UAE are pretty easy to follow and navigate. The road signs are written in Arabic and English, making it convenient for the tourists to understand and implement them. Keep track of the road signs, especially on the roundabouts.
Cost of fuel
Although there was a slight increase in fuel prices, the fuel price in UAE is among the lowest in the world. UAE is the world’s largest producer of oil. The current price of fuel in Dubai is 2.30 AED per liter. When you rent a vehicle, make sure you know what type of fuel the vehicles take, as different luxury or supercars take different fuel types.
Is it safe to drive on the roads of the UAE?
You should always maintain your speed when on the road. If you are following the traffic rules, the road signs, the speed limits, etc., your driving is safe. When you Overspeed, break the traffic rules, do not follow the road signs, etc., you will fall in trouble. There are cameras everywhere in the UAE, and police always patrol through them. One single mistake can land you in great trouble. Following the rules also protects you from any accident.
Note: Remember the speed limit in the UAE is in ‘kilometers’ and not ‘miles’.
Why rent a Car in UAE
Renting a car in Dubai is a fantastic idea as having your car will allow you to make your trip a memorable one. Not only this, you can save huge bucks on taxis and other transport just by renting a car on a weekly or monthly basis. Several car rental companies in Dubai, like One Click Drive, are reasonable and offer quality cars. You can easily rent economy cars or luxury cars in Dubai and move across the Emirate to grab a cup of tea at Burj Al Arab, shop at the Dubai Mall, or visit Burj Khalifa.
It is evident that renting a car is not only profitable but also gives you comfort. Opting car rental is much more cost-effective and less complicated. There are several benefits of car renting. These are:
- Greater flexibility: With long-term car rentals there are no post-purchase regrets and you can get a car when you need it. At the end of rental tenure, you can pick a new model or extend your rental period.
- Zero stress with monthly car rentals: You do not have to worry about the paperwork, down payment, insurance, maintenance, etc. You can simply book the car and drive around.
- Save money: Monthly car rentals come at huge discounts and offers. Their cost is considerably lower than the daily rental packs.You can easily avail discounts on monthly car rentals at One Click Drive.
- No long term commitments: You only pay for the rental period and return the car when the rental period is over.
In short, you can own a car without actually buying it and that too at much lesser cost. It gives you control over your budget and saves huge amounts. It is definitely a win-win for the car lovers.
Why choose One Click Drive to rent a car?
There are a lot of car rental companies in Dubai like One Click Drive where you can easily find everything from cheap and affordable cars to luxury, exotic, sports and supercars. The best part is they also provide cars with a chauffeur service. If you have the required documents, you are eligible to rent a car in the UAE.
We advise you to know the top reasons for renting a car with us. Whether you want to hit the roads in a sedan or a Porsche, One Click Drive offers you every car of your choice. Rent a car for a day, week, or a month easily even from Whatsapp!
The top reasons for renting car with us are:
- Cheap and affordable– We offer amazing car rental discounts and special packages during the Eid weekend to make the most of your holidays.
- No commission or markups – As against other car rental companies, One Click Drive does not charge any agent commission or booking fees to the user. All prices are all-inclusive of rental amount, standard insurance and standard mileage.
- Traveling long distances becomes easy– Public transportation is not available in all parts of the city. However, renting a car with us will make it easy and convenient to access all the places in the Emirates.
- Hassle-free – It is a hassle-free process of booking the car of your choice. You can schedule delivery at your desired location and get going.
- Freedom of driving around the city at your own pace. Plan to spend your day as you choose among hundreds of restaurants and lifestyle venues across the emirates.
- A wide variety of cars to choose from– We offer many cars of different models from which you can choose easily. Some of these are Rolls Royce, Maserati, Porsche, Lamborghini, Mistsubishi, Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Micra, and several others.
- Comfort and safety– You can enjoy relief and satisfaction because of the high level of comfort around people you know, which is highly unlikely in public transport. We also offer highly experienced and skilled drivers, ensuring you are in safe hands.
- Renting also makes driving luxurious cars affordable to all. So if you’re in the mood to splurge this Eid, there are quite a few options on One Click Drive. Download the App and find a range of cars for hire in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and other emirates.