How Ipl Affects International Player?
The Indian Premier League also known as IPL is one of the toughest leagues in the world. So if anyone performs well in this then he is recognized at the international level. The IPL not only helps in finding Indian young talent but also helps overseas players. They have the opportunity to play alongside some of the best cricketers in the world which can help them to develop new skills and gain recognition. The IPL also helps overseas players financially as in the IPL mega auction they are bought or retained by the teams at very high prices for instance Sam Curran is bought for 18.5 crores this season by Punjab Kings. There are also in IPL upcoming matches scheduled this year where you can see overseas players playing for their franchises
Some of the best overseas players of the IPL
Various brilliant players have taken part in this league. However, only a few have achieved fame and respect in the IPL because this is the toughest cricket league in the world. Therefore to make themselves distinct from others players need to have talent and the ability to perform well in different types of pitches. Here, are some of the best overseas players that have performed brilliantly in the history of the Indian Premier League.
- Lasith Malinga who is from Sri Lanka was one of the best players in the history of IPL. The fact that there are not many bowlers overseas bowlers who have performed so well makes him more special. He has taken the most wickets in the IPL league. He has taken a total of 170 wickets only in 122 matches with an amazing economy rate of 7.14. Further, he has a significant role behind Mumbai Indians winning four out of five tournaments.
- Everyone knows about Chris Gayle in the IPL he is also nicknamed Gayle Storm because when he is in the proper form it is like a bad storm for the opposition. He is from West Indies and from 2011 to 2014 he was at the peak of his career at that time he was with the Royal Challengers Bangalore franchise. He won various Man of the Matches awards during that period. He scored a total of 608, 733, and 708 during that three seasons. However, the expert says that his brilliance was recognized when he made 175 runs against Pune Warriors in the 2013 IPL.
- Dwayne Bravo who is from West Indies was the second-best bowler in the history of IPL after Lasith Malinga. He was known for his excellent bowling in death overs. Thus, with help of the outstanding performance of Dwayne Bravo Chennai Super Kings team won two titles in 2011 and 2018. Further, he can hit the yorkers perfectly, and batsmen struggle to hit their shots. Dwayne Bravo as a batsman can also hit the ball out of the ground, making him an excellent asset for the team. After he announced his retirement in December he was selected as bowling coach for Chennai Super Kings.
- Andre Russel is another player from West Indies who is famous for his power-hitting. From the start of IPL, he is with the Kolkata Knight Riders franchise and is a very exciting player to watch. It is also noticed that when he plays the match the IPL viewership is increased. As well in 2019 he individually took the team to playoffs but they couldn’t win the tournament. Furthermore, he holds the record for the best strike for players who have at least 500 runs in a single season of IPL with a strike rate of 182.33. He also fields well and bowls well which makes him a valuable member of the team.
- Shane Watson was a great player and has played for various organizations. He won his first tournament with Rajasthan Royals in 2008 and in this he performed excellently as an all-rounder. Then after a decade he again won the tournament with the Chennai Super Kings franchise. However, this time his primary focus was on his bowling. He has incredible power in batting he can hit big shots without much effort and while bowling also he does not give many opportunities to the opposition batsman.
- AB De Villiers was an amazing player and he was from South Africa. He was also known as Mr. 360 Degree because he can hit boundaries in all directions. Therefore, people love watching his batting, especially in the IPL. In the history of IPL, he also holds the record for winning the most man of the Matches award. Whether it’s pace or spin in front of him he plays both brilliantly. In 2016 he scored a total of 687 runs for the Royal Challengers Bangalore franchise and took the team to the final of the tournament but unfortunately, the team didn’t win the finals.
- Mike Hussey was a great legend who played for the Chennai Super Kings franchise and has given outstanding performances in numerous years in the IPL. He was unique because he has the special ability to bat anywhere in order from top to middle according to the situation of the match. In 2013, he scored 733 throughout the season and due to that, he was awarded an orange cap as he was the tournament’s leading scorer. Overall in his entire IPL, he had scored around 2000 runs and had a significant impact on the history of IPL.
To conclude, these are some of the international players who have left their impact on the IPL and will be remembered forever. Moreover, the Indian Premier League benefits overseas players in different aspects. The league helps them to play with other experienced international as well as Indian players and learn new techniques. The IPL also helps them financially as they are paid a lot of money for the tournament. Further, overseas players don’t even have to worry about their safety the people arranging the league take proper care of it. Hence, overseas players love to play in IPL as there are a lot of benefits for them.